Helping Hands Pet Hospice is still assisting families during this crisis. We are reducing the number of appointments per day to allow for sanitizing/changing out everything between appointments. We are limiting our services to video quality of life consultations and house call euthanasia at this time. In-home hospice appointments will resume once restrictions are lifted in the Tampa Bay area. Thank you.
Time is nothing if it’s spent suffering. We want quality time over quantity of time – ALWAYS. Your entire household should participate in evaluating your pet’s QOL. This is an emotional situation – you can’t expect to be accurate or unbiased. Get help from your friends, family and veterinary team!
Basic Quality of Life Scale:
1. We want them eating
2. We don’t want them vomiting
3. We want them clean and dry
4. We don’t want them in pain
5. We don’t want them anxious or afraid
6. They need to still love and hate all the things they usually love and hate
7. They need to have more good days than bad.
If your pet is missing any of these, we need to act – either to relieve their discomfort or to help them pass away. Remember, there is always something we can do!
Quality of Life Evaluation Survey